History is all about stories and perspectives…….Think about perspective, culture shift, location, common shared experiences.
Perspective…………….Impact…………..Purpose - All affect an event
When introducing primary sources it creates the opportunity to talk about perspective, bias etc.
Lesson Plan Template (Please make a copy to type in)
ARS Template (Please make a copy to type in)
Snapshot Autobiography Activity:
- Fold paper into thirds, like a brochure.
- First Panel: Cover of snapshot autobiography - include a title and quick illustration.
- Last panel: Brief "About the Author" section.
- Three panels inside: Write about important events that have shaped you as a person. Describe what happened from start to finish so someone else could understand it. Illustrate with a small picture.
- Fourth panel: If you asked someone in your family about one of the events, what might be their perspective? Would they remember something different? If so, why? If not, why?